A R K Lasting Powers and Wills are delighted to be working in conjunction with Dignity Funeral Plans to offer our customers even more choice.
Taking out a pre-paid funeral plan with Dignity means that however long you live, or however much the funeral director’s fees and services and cremation costs are when you pass away, there won’t be anything further for your family or loved-ones to pay towards them. Furthermore, it enables you to dictate the precise format of your funeral, thus eliminating any uncertainty amongst those left behind as to what the funeral service should include.
Rising Funeral Costs?
According to the Bank of England the current rate of inflation is 3%. By comparison, according to the Sun Life Cost of Dying Report 2017 the average cost of a basic funeral rose from £3,897 in 2016, to £4,078 in 2017 – an increase of 4.7%.
With funeral costs rising far in excess of the annual rate of inflation, it is an unfortunate fact that, for many families, budgeting for a funeral by traditional means may no longer be sufficient to cover the cost.
Why choose a Dignity plan?
- Dignity Funeral plans have been awarded 5 stars by Defaqto, reflecting that the plans offer one of the most comprehensive and best quality funeral plans on the market today.
- 98.8% of our customer’s families (out of 160,000 responses) said that Dignity had met or exceeded expectations
- 97.7% would recommend Dignity to friends and family
- A safe pair of hands! Dignity is a stable company with a long and reliable history in the Funeral business. Dignity’s first funeral director opened in 1812.
- Dignity own over 800 funeral directors across the UK and work with over 400 others.
- Dignity has been successfully selling Funeral plans since 1985 so have a long proven track record.
How does a Dignity Funeral Plan work?
Dignity Funeral Plans, invest their customers’ monies in a Trust Fund called the National Funeral Trust – a totally independent, secure trust fund managed by some of the most reputable names in the financial industry. The fund grows in value over the course of the plan holder’s lifetime. Then, when the plan holder passes away, a sum of monies that we guarantee will be sufficient to cover the cost of the funeral director’s fees and services, the cremation costs and Ministers feels is released from the Trust Fund and paid directly to the funeral director from Dignity to conduct the funeral.
As one of the UK’s most popular and reliable funeral plan providers it is of paramount importance to Dignity Funeral Plans that customers’ investments are safe and secure. To that end, maximum care has been taken to ensure that the Trust Fund in which customers’ monies are invested complies with all current legislation as set out in the ‘Regulated Activities Order’ (Financial Services and Markets Act 2000).
The Dignity Funeral Plans Guarantee
A Dignity plan allows you to pay for you funeral costs in advance. In addition to the funeral directors fees and Minister fees, Dignity guarantee to cover the cremation costs in full. Many other funeral plan providers only provide a contribution to these cremation costs.
* Please note doctors fees are not included.
For burial funerals, alongside the guaranteed services of a funeral director Dignity provide a contribution of £1,220 towards the costs charged by third party providers such as the charge made by a minister or officiant, cemetery costs or purchasing a plot.
Which plan is best for me?
There are three Dignity Plans available. The Amber. The Pearl, our most popular, and The Diamond. Please click below to find out exactly what is included and thecost for each type of plan.
Instalment examples given in the above table are based on 25 years. If you spread the cost over more than 12 months there is an extra charge and all payments must be completed by the 85th birthday of the eldest person named on the plan.
What is not included in your plan:
- Medical certification fees for deaths where a coroner investigation is required, there are no medical certification fees. Also, changes to legislation in May 2015 mean there will no longer be a charge for a medical certification for any deaths registered in Scotland. Similar legal changes are being considered for the rest of the UK, so we do not include provision for these fees in our Plans. If the funeral takes place outside of Scotland, and a coroner is not involved, then if applicable, the medical certification fees must be paid by the next of kin or personal representative, when arranging the funeral.
- Embalming, burial plot, memorial or headstone, flowers, catering/wake.
Repatriation from outside mainland Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Isle of Man and Isle of Wight.
- Costs for removing artificial limbs and mechanisms such as pacemakers.
- Costs associated with changes in regulations, tax, laws or generally accepted practice, which result in additional costs or affect the conduct of the funeral.
- This list is not exhaustive, so please refer to the Terms & Conditions for further information.
* Some requests may incur an additional charge and may not be covered by the price guarantee.
Any costs incurred from these requests will have to be paid for at the time of the funeral or alternatively a contribution can be made towards these costs which will increase each year in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI).
† Limited Plan: There is a restricted choice from over 800 Funeral Directors. A restricted choice of date and time for the funeral will be available. Typically this means that with the Limited Funeral Plan the service will take place before 10.30am or after 3.30pm Tuesday-Thursday. You may not make any additional contributions towards the costs of any special requests. Not available on the Isle of Man.
Dignity is a registered provider with the Funeral Planning Authority for your peace of mind.
For more information or advice or call 01438 746977. Alternatively, please contact us using the form below: