Pre-paid Funeral Plans
There are many important reasons why people choose to arrange a Pre-paid Funeral Plan (see below). The A.R.K. team has first-hand experience of the costs of funerals today, plus the savings available if a Pre-paid Funeral Plan is in place.
Our family-run service makes sure that arranging a plan is straight forward and jargon-free. From our base in Stevenage, we support our local community in north Herts and work further afield as needed.
Contact us to arrange a Funeral Plan now and save yourself and your family a potential £25,000:
Why should I arrange a Pre-paid Funeral Plan?
- So that you are organised for your family’s sake – they will know your wishes and won’t have to think about what you may or may not have wanted.
- Because money is immediately available for your funeral when you pass away – simply having the money in the bank does not mean it will be easily accessible for your family.
- To make the arrangements easier for your family – they won’t have to find/appoint a funeral director (though you can nominate a specific Hertfordshire funeral director on your plan if you wish).
- To protect your family’s inheritance from rising funeral costs. If you buy a pre-paid plan a long time before you are likely to die, you buy at today’s prices. Funeral costs are rising rapidly (almost doubling every decade) so if you pay £3,500 for a funeral plan when you are 50 and die when you are 80+, you will have saved around £25,000. Much better off in your family’s hands than those of a funeral director!
When should I buy a Pre-paid Funeral Plan?
- It’s never really too early – if you can afford to set money aside for your funeral when you’re in your 40’s – do it! The earlier you do it, the more money will be saved by your family when you pass away.
You can pay by instalments over periods of up to 25 years. So – if you either have a lump sum of money that you can afford to use, or can afford a regular monthly payment, you should consider arranging a Pre-paid Funeral Plan.
How do I arrange a Pre-paid Funeral Plan?
- That bit is easy – contact us to discuss your options. It really isn’t complicated; there is a choice of 3 or 4 plans which can be tailored to your needs.
- It will take around 30-45 minutes to complete the paperwork.This can either be done in person at a face to face meeting if you are local to the Herts & Beds area, or over the phone if you live further away. (The A.R.K. team is based in Stevenage, north Herts.) If it’s just easier for you to arrange your Funeral Plan by phone that’s fine as well. Once you have given your instructions about what you would like that’s pretty much all you need to do.
- The plan will be submitted by your A R K consultant and will usually be approved within a few days. Shortly after that, you will receive your Welcome Pack giving you all the documents you need so that your family will know what to do when the time comes.
What is included in a typical Funeral Plan and how much is that going to cost?
There are a few different pre-paid plans that are designed to cover all the costs usually incurred when a cremation takes place (but these can be adapted to cover burials as well). The three most popular plans vary in cost according to the number of cars needed to transport your loved ones to the cemetery, and the style of coffin you would prefer.
For illustration purposes we have chosen a mid-price plan which covers the cost of a cremation with one car following the hearse. This covers:
- Care and preparation of the deceased
- A simple, veneered, coffin with nameplate
- A funeral hearse plus bearers
- One following limousine
- Transfer of the deceased to the funeral home/chapel of rest
- Organising the service at the crematorium/cemetery and the full cost of the cremation. Plans can be adapted for burial.
- 24 hour transfer of the deceased to funeral home/chapel of rest (within 20 miles)
- Organising the service at the crematorium/cemetery
- Family support and guidance provided by the funeral director
- Funeral procession from home/funeral home to crematorium/cemetery
- Time of funeral mutually agreed between funeral director and family
- Visits to chapel of rest
We are able to assist with both Safe Hands and Dignity Funeral Plans and your A R K consultant will help you choose the option that best suits your needs.
For a no obligation chat about making a funeral plan please call us on 01438 746977. Our family-based team is proud of its reputation for friendly customer care and approachable professionalism.
Alternatively, please fill out the form below to find out how we can help: