Some of the A.R.K. team went to Safe Hands head office a couple of weeks ago for some refresher training. We have summarised some interesting facts about why a Safe Hands pre-paid Funeral Plan is a good idea!
- The average UK simple funeral and cremation currently costs between £3,500 to £4,500 depending on where you live. This can often be a lot more. Our Pre-Paid plans start at £2,275 and go up to £3,900.
- In the last 10 years the cost of a simple funeral has increased by 70%
- Based on the current increases, by 2029 an average funeral will cost £10,000 and if the current trend continues in 30 years the cost of a simple funeral could exceed £30,000!
- Funeral costs vary in different parts of the country, but a plan costs the same wherever you live. For those of us in the expensive outer London area this is a major plus point.
- You can specify exactly what you would like to happen at your funeral and your family will not have to second-guess your wishes.
- You can specify a particular Funeral Director if you wish, if you don’t do this a local Funeral Director will be appointed by Safe Hands when the time comes.
- Funerals of all different faiths are catered for.
- Funeral Directors will often persuade families to upgrade by using terms such as ‘something a bit nicer for your loved one’ so buying a plan specifying your wishes can stop your family being upsold to at the toughest of times.
THE ASPECT MOST PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT BEFORE BUYING A PLAN:
How safe will the money be? How do I know my funeral will definitely be paid for?
Safe Hands invests the money for plans in a completely independent Trust Fund. Therefore, in the unlikely event something happens to Safe Hands the customer’s money is completely safe.
Pitman’s Trustees Ltd an industry regulated Trust Fund Management Company administers the Trust Fund. The Trust Fund monies are invested by UBS in low and medium risk investments and spread over a large range of investments; which keeps the risk of investments safe.
The fund is audited annually (most recently in October 2017) and even if everyone who has a plan died today, there would be enough money to pay for all those funerals plus there would be a £9million excess.
The Trust has Public Indemnity cover and is under the umbrella of the Financial Services Agency, although it’s not subject to the compensation rules as it is not a bank or building society.
Other information regarding Funeral Plans:
- You can pay by instalments, which are interest free for up to 2 years. For periods of more than 2 years a 4% annual handling charge is made.
- You can purchase a funeral plan with just a £250 deposit, and then pay low monthly instalments for periods up to 10 years. A small price to pay for the total peace of mind it will bring for you and your family.
- There are several different levels of plan that can be tailored to meet you needs. These will be fully explained to you by one of our friendly consultants; prices start from just £2,275.
- There is a 21-day cancellation policy during which you can get a full refund if you change your mind.
- There is absolutely no pressure to buy! Our consultants will visit you at home to discuss the plans available in as much or as little detail as you wish.
- We have no involvement with any call centres or comparison websites.
- Pre-Paid Funeral Plans are greatly increasing in popularity and for example in The Netherlands over 70% of the population now have a Pre-Paid Funeral Plan.
You have nothing to lose by arranging for one of our consultants to visit you for an informal chat about the options. Contact us today to make an appointment.